The evenings are getting colder, so here’s a recipe to warm you up!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 2cm-piece ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 230g (11/2 cups) frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach, plus extra, to serve
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 500ml (2 cups) gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander sprigs, plus extra, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Sliced fresh red chilli, to serve (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the green shallot, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the peas and spinach and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until peas are tender.
Reserve 1 tablespoon coconut milk. Add stock, coriander sprigs and remaining coconut milk to pan. Cook for 3 minutes (don’t let it boil). Remove from heat. Blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Return to medium heat to warm through.
Divide the soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with the reserved coconut milk and extra olive oil. Sprinkle with extra coriander and baby spinach, fried shallots and sliced red chilli, if using.